Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Action Research

This year has been an absolute whirlwind to say the least.  It has been filled with graduating from college, saying goodbye to old friends, saying hello to new friends, part- and full-time student teaching, PACT, and last but not least action research.  When I began my action research journey, I wanted to incorporate 21st century skills in my Kindergarten classroom.  Although these last couple months have been a journey, I have found my concrete topic that I am going to be developing inquiry about within my classroom: Kindergarteners developing their own inquiry by viewing themselves as scientists.  This entails Kindergarteners asking their own questions about a topic, formulating responses, and testing those responses by using collaboration and research (i.e. looking at books).

Although this is my concept that I am exploring, I feel that it is important for me to try to incorporate technology while the students are developing this inquiry.  However, the lack of technology in my classroom makes this a bit of a challenge for me.  Only my master teacher and myself have iPads, so I am in the process of trying to incorporate this aspect with little resources.

I will be sure to keep you all informed throughout my action research journey.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment